1. Parade participants may not throw any item or items from their unit, float or auto. Costumed out-walkers may distribute appropriate items such as product samples, to the audience at the curb, but should not encourage the audience to leave the curb or move into the street. NOTE: Distribution of written material is NOT permitted.
2. Parade participants may not jump onto or off of any float or moving vehicle and may not interfere with any other unit in the parade.
3. Drivers of any and all vehicles in the parade must have a valid driver’s license and be at least 18 years of age. All motorized vehicles must submit proof of liability insurance with entry form.
4. Alcoholic beverages are forbidden on any float, in any vehicle, or on the person of any participant. Participants consuming alcohol prior to or during the parade will be removed from the line up.
5. Floats must have hand-holds or barriers to secure riders in the event of sudden stops or starts, chairs or seating must be attached to float-bed.
6. Floats must be constructed of fire safe materials and must carry fire extinguishers with a minimum rating of 2-A, 10-B:C on the float in the parade. The fire department will be present at the Float Workshop to discuss this. Please contact the Santa Rosa Fire Department (543-3500) for detailed information.
7. All individuals on self-propelled and motorized vehicles must wear helmets as the law requires.